Forecast: Indian Wells Men's Singles Final
This post serves as the final update for the tournament, click here for previous entry.
Federer vs Del Potro
Del Potro: 39%
- Federer leads their head to head 18-6. On outdoor hard courts he leads 7-2, including 1-0 at Indian Wells. Del Potro is actually yet to beat Federer on an outdoor hard court outside of the US Open.
- Despite this, Del Potro remains the most recent player to beat Federer on an outdoor hard court (US Open 2017).
- Del Potro leads their head to head in finals 3-2, including their only previous final on an outdoor hard court (US Open 2009).
- Del Potro has won both finals they have played when Federer has been ranked world number 1.
- In their last 5 matches against top-10 opponents both players are 4-1.
- Both players have a very similar win percentage in finals (67% for Federer and 68% for Del Potro), although Del Potro has lost all 3 of his previous Masters 1000 finals.
- Qualitative analysis of the tournament so far has also been considered.