Forecast: Indian Wells Men's Singles Semifinals
This forecast is about the semifinals only, click here for the forecast about the eventual champion.
Federer vs Coric
- Federer leads their head to head 1-0.
- Federer has won his last 12 Masters 1000 semifinals in a row.
- The last time Federer lost a Masters 1000 semifinal to a player other than Nadal, Djokovic or Murray was at the 2010 Paris Masters, losing to Monfils.
- Coric has four top-5 wins, including a win over the world number 1. He also has a total of eight top-10 wins in his career, relatively high for a player of his ranking.
- In his last 5 matches against top-10 players on American soil, Coric is 4-1.
Raonic vs Del Potro
Del Potro: 44%
- Raonic leads their head to head 2-1, including having won both their matches on outdoor hard courts.
- Raonic has only lost Masters 1000 semifinals to Federer, Djokovic and Murray, while Del Potro has additional losses to lower ranked players.
- Del Potro is carrying a back injury, the extent of it's seriousness is unknown.
- Del Potro has had much better results in 2018 and has generally played more tennis.
- Raonic is 1-4 in his last 5 matches against top-10 opponents.
- Both players have historically shown good form at Indian Wells: both have reached 3 quarterfinals, 2 semifinals, 1 final and have a near identical match win % (72% for Del Potro, 73% for Raonic).